Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Jam Night - From Heather

I have to admit to being discouraged by the lack of attendance at the last few Jam Nights. But it’s forced me to step back and re-evaluate a little bit. What do I feel that the Jam Nights should be?
I thought this verse sort of summed it up well: “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.” – Romans 15:5-7 NIV
The Jam Night (the artist formerly known as Beauty for Ashes) is not meant to be about music, but about worship. The difference between the two is something that God is constantly teaching me. I hope that the evening can become a night focused on God, and our relationship with him through prayer and music, as we encourage one another and build relationships.
It’s not to be an evening solely for musicians, or even necessarily for Christians, but for those who are seeking, and are longing to know Him more. Would you come, and worship? “Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together.” – Psalm 34:3 NIV

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather - I just wanted to encourage you, and say that I think the jam nights are an awesome idea. As a student though, it's hard to sometimes get out on Thursday nights... and to be out a few times becomes difficult, with night classes, homework and trying to find some time to relax and sleep. Hang in there!

Court said...

Hi I just wanted to thank both Heather and Sharon for leading this week. As well as everyone else for sharing. It was simply nice to be around everyone and hear what God is speaking to them.

Heather said...

Courtnay - Thanks a lot :-) I know I had a lot of fun messing around on my guitar, and as always, was blessed by the opportunity to worship with the rest of the YA group.

Anonymous said...

Mike here.. It was delightful Right from the start, Heather the songs you pick'd were good. The YA service this past thursday nite was spirit lead, What I got out of it on thursday was Persevere. Persevere Unswervingly toward love and good deeds, Heather Like I read out of Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. I encourage also to persevere with the jam night it sounds sweet